Hearing complaints about the weather seems like the universal sign that summer is finally here. When walking a few steps outside already gets your body sweating, you need to be aware of what to do to avoid getting into any kind of trouble with the sun.
Here are a few tips to keep your cool this summer:
1. Drink and stay hydrated
- a. Drinking water and staying hydrated is rule number one in staying healthy during summer. With the summer heat pouring down harder than any season of the year, our bodies experience extra fluid lost through sweating, which means you need to take more water (6 – 8 glasses recommended per day) to stay hydrated.
2. Limit time outdoors
- a. A clear summer day is the perfect time to go out, but a clear blazing hot summer day? Time outside should be limited. Limit time outdoors during peak hours of 11am to 4pm, and make sure to apply sunscreen.
3. Limit physical activity outside
- a. If you’re used to having your usual morning run around peak hours of 11AM to 4PM, you should adjust your run to earlier than usual (5AM if you can manage) or around 6PM when the day is cooler.
4. Seek out cool places when eating outside
- a. Still want to experience the breezy day without eating inside? Keep your cool with the Premier Mist Fans, most suitable for large areas outdoors such as al fresco spots and outdoor gardens. You can contact Mistercool at (02) 6723827 or (02) 6723829 or visit our website at www.mistercool.com.ph for inquiries or rentals.